Transform your catfish leftovers or just make them into cakes from the get-go. This buttery seafood dish will have your mouth watering and you telling your boy...Read more
Legendary Whitetails 2/22/2013
Venison is marinated twice and then wrapped in bacon before being put on the grill. Takes a total of about 5 hours to prepare. Recipe makes 4 servings… Submitted by Kyle K.
– 2 pounds of venison backstrap cut into 2 inch pieces
– 1 quart of apple cider
– 1.5 pounds of thick sliced bacon
– 2 (12 oz.) bottles of barbecue sauce of your choice
“1. Place chunks of venison into a shallow baking dish, and pour enough apple cider in to cover them. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours. Remove, and pat dry. Discard apple cider, and return venison to the dish. Pour barbecue sauce over the chunks, cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 more hours.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Charcoal is best, but if you must, use gas. Remove meat from the refrigerator, and let stand for 30 minutes, or until no longer chilled. Wrap each chunk of venison in a slice of bacon, and secure with toothpicks.
3. Brush the grill grate with olive oil when hot, and place venison pieces on the grill so they are not touching. The bacon will kick up some flames, so be ready. Grill, turning occasionally, until the bacon becomes slightly burnt, 15 to 20 minutes. The slower, the better.