This simple twist to a classic shore lunch fish fry will have everybody wanting you to catch more crappies. The recipe works well with just about any panfish...Read more
Legendary Whitetails 2/27/2013
Great blizzard food, start the Crock Pot and enjoy the fragrance for the afternoon. Make biscuits to complete the meal… Submitted by Barb H.
– 1 large onion chopped sauteed in olive oil
– 1 lb. browned deer burger
– 1 lb. browned elk burger
– 1 lb. browned buffalo burger
– 1 large can of chili beans
– 3 tomatoes (chopped) or 1 quart of canned whole tomatoes (chopped)
– 1 pint tomato juice
– 8 oz. mushroom (sliced) or 1 large can of mushrooms
– Garlic salt, seasoning salt, fresh ground pepper & chili powder to taste ( 1/2 – 1 tsp. of each)
Saute onion and put in large Crock Pot on low
Brown and drain juices off the 3 types of ground meat add to onion.
Chop tomatoes & slice mushrooms and to Crock Pot with tomato juice and seasoning.
Cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
Make biscuits and serve chili.
Can top chili with sour cream and grated cheese. I have also cooked biscuits right in chili for a change to the recipe.