A little deer meat, a lot of cheese, and some spice makes these ground venison quesadillas especially tasty and nice!Read more
Enjoy a fantastic dinner with peppers that are stuffed with ground venison and baked to perfection.
‘- 1 lb. ground venison
– 4-6 whole bell peppers
– 1/2 cup corn
– 1/2 cup black beans
– 1/2 cup chunky salsa
– 2 cups rice
– shredded cheese
– hot sauce of choice
1. Cook two cups of rice.
2. While the rice is cooking, brown the ground venison and season to taste. Drain any excess fat.
3. Return to heat and mix in the corn, black beans, salsa, and cooked rice. Set aside.
4. Cut top off peppers and remove the seeds and insides with a spoon. Perforate the peppers with a fork multiple times.
5. Fill the peppers to the top with the ground venison mixture and place in a glass cooking pan and cover with foil.
6. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes covered. Remove foil and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
7. Serve with sour cream and hot sauce.