A little deer meat, a lot of cheese, and some spice makes these ground venison quesadillas especially tasty and nice!Read more
It’s the perfect slow cooker meal for DEER CAMP…need we say more???
-2 lbs Ground Venison
-1lb bacon, cooked and chopped
-2 cloves garlic, chopped (or 2 tablespoons chopped garlic)
-1 green pepper, chopped
-1 yellow pepper, chopped
-1 onion, chopped
-3 stalks celery, chopped
-1 14.5 oz. can crushed tomatoes
-1 14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes
-1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes (not shown)
-1 8 oz. can tomato paste (not shown)
-3 tablespoons chili powder
-2 teaspoon ground cumin
-2 teaspoon ground oregano
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-2 15 oz. cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
-1 beer (Oktoberfest)
-Chopped green onions
1. In a large frying pan, brown the venison. Once browned, place in crock pot. Use crock pot bag liners for easy cleanup…nobody likes doing dishes at deer camp
2. Cut bacon into small squares and cook in same pan as venison until crispy, remove bacon and add to crock pot.
3. Add chopped onion, celery, and garlic to the bacon grease (if there is too much grease, remove some until 2 tablespoons remain), cook for 5-10 minutes on medium heat, then add to crock pot.
4. Add chopped peppers, tomatoes (all cans), beer, and seasonings and stir together.
5. Cook on low heat for 4 hours. Serve hot with sour cream, cheese, and Fritos. Or prepare beforehand and freeze it for deer camp.