Transform your catfish leftovers or just make them into cakes from the get-go. This buttery seafood dish will have your mouth watering and you telling your boy...Read more
Legendary Whitetails 2/25/2013
This make-ahead casserole is sure to warm you up after a long, cold day in the tree stand. Serve with biscuits or crusty bread to soak up every last savory drop… Submitted by Erin S.
– 12 oz. uncooked whole wheat egg noodles
– 1 1/2 lbs. ground venison
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 1 medium green pepper, chopped
– 1 garlic clove, minced
– 1 jar (24 oz.) tomato sauce
– 1 Tbsp. sugar
– 1/8 tsp. salt
– 1/8 tsp. pepper
– 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) 2% cottage cheese
– 4 oz. cream cheese
– 1/4 cup sour cream
– 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. In a large skillet, cook venison, onion, green pepper, and garlic until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
3. Stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper.
4. Drain noodles and stir into meat sauce.
5. Pour half of the meat sauce mixture into a 13in. x 9in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
6. In a small bowl,combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream. Spread over the meat sauce mixture. Top with remaining meat sauce mixture.
7. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
8. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer until cheese is melted