Transform your catfish leftovers or just make them into cakes from the get-go. This buttery seafood dish will have your mouth watering and you telling your boy...Read more
Legendary Whitetails 11/06/2013
This is one of my favorite simple preparations for tender cuts of meat. I use it often on lamb chops and it is ready in less than 20 minutes. I had some purty venison backstraps from my Girl Hunter Weekend in Arkansas, aged 20 days, so I tried my magic rub on them and it was mighty fine my friends. You should try it too with your favorite tender cut of meat — pronto.
2 venison back straps
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup ground cumin
4 tablespoons grapeseed oil (canola or corn oil can be used as a substitute)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Lay the venison backs straps in a roasting pan and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
3. Sprinkle the ground cumin over evenly and rub it into the meat uniformly.
4. Drizzle on the oil and and rub it in as well.
5. Place the roasting pan in the oven for 12 minutes. Remove and cover with tin foil for 10 minutes to rest before slicing into thick slices and serving.
For more tasty recipes, visit www.georgiapellegrini.com/topics/recipes