A little deer meat, a lot of cheese, and some spice makes these ground venison quesadillas especially tasty and nice!Read more
Hannah McCauley 12/16/2015
Hannah McCauley dishes up some delicious country fried backstrap bites smothered in gravy.
– Venison Back Strap
– Breading of choice
– Vegetable oil
– Salt and Pepper
1. Marinade the back strap in milk for 4-8 hours. Then slice into thin 1/4 inch medallions.
2. Take slices and dip into breading, then into milk/egg mixture, and back into breading. Dry-wet-dry
3. Once breaded, place into a pan of preheated oil/butter for frying. Use enough oil to cover roughly 1/2 of the slice of meat.
4. Let fry for 4 minutes/side.
5. Remove from oil, drizzle honey over the golden brown medallions followed by a dash of sea salt.
Now it’s time to make the gravy
6. Use the same pan you just fried the meat in to make the gravy. Use about 2 tablespoons of the remaining oil (pour off the rest) and add 2 tablespoons of flour. Mix until clumps are gone.
7. Add milk to the gravy while stirring continuously.
8. Once mixture starts to thicken, season to taste.
9. Pour over your country fried venison and enjoy!