This simple twist to a classic shore lunch fish fry will have everybody wanting you to catch more crappies. The recipe works well with just about any panfish...Read more
Legendary Whitetails 2/22/2013
This is my easy recipe for cooking that turkey you took during turkey season. So I hope you like and enjoy…
Submitted by James L.
– 1 Whole Turkey
– 1 Large Apple
– Garlic Pepper
– Thick Cut Bacon
1. Rinse turkey, and pat dry.
2. Take butter and garlic pepper seasoning and mix together. Amount of butter varies depending on the size of the turkey. Amount of Garlic Pepper can vary depending on you taste. I use 1 Cup butter and 1/2 cup Garlic Pepper. Then use your hands and rub the mixture all over the turkey until nicely coated.
3. Then take the thick cut bacon and cover the entire turkey with it. use toothpicks to hold the bacon in place.
4. Then take the large apple and cut into four pieces and place inside the turkey. This helps with the gamey taste some people don’t like. But also helps give it a hint of sweetness.
5. Then place in a large roasting pan and cover with tin foil. Then put on the grill until internal temperature of the thigh reaches 180 degrees F. Time can vary depending on the size of the turkey.