A little deer meat, a lot of cheese, and some spice makes these ground venison quesadillas especially tasty and nice!Read more
The best game day nachos you’ll ever have! Ground venison, bacon, green onions, cheddar cheese, BBQ sauce, and whatever else your taste buds desire.
-1 bag of large tortilla chips
-4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
-1/2 lb. ground venison or shredded venison
-1/2 an onion (small), chopped
-Salt and pepper
-1/2 cup barbecue sauce of choice
-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
-Toppings of choice (green onions, lettuce, tomatoes. olives, mushrooms, peppers, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cook bacon to crisp, crumble, and set aside.
3. In a medium pan, combine ground venison and chopped onion, season to taste and cook until meat is fully browned. Drain off excess grease.
4. Stir in 3 tablespoons of BBQ sauce to the browned meat.
5. Line a baking sheet with a single layer of tortilla chips.
6. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheddar cheese, half of the ground venison mixture, and half the bacon over chips. Drizzle half of the BBQ sauce evenly over the first layer of nachos.
7. Add any other toppings of choice.
8. Add another layer of tortilla chips and repeat the adding of toppings process.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until toppings are warm and cheese is melted.
10. Top off with green onion, lettuce, tomato and sour cream if desired.