Take your dolled up venison backstrap recipes elsewhere, this deer camp delicacy is meant to go straight from your deer on to the grill. A little salt, a...Read more
A great tasting venison chip dip that is perfect for those looking for a quick appetizer to throw together before the big game. Make it in a slow cooker to keep warm the entire game!
‘- 1 cup ground venison (left over taco meat works also)
*Seasonings below are portioned for a full pound of ground venison
– 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 16 ounces Velveeta, cubed
– 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
– 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
– 1/2 cup canned chopped green chiles
– 1/2 cup salsa verde
1. Brown the ground venison. While it’s browning add in the creole seasoning, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook until browned. Set aside.
2. Add cubed velveeta and shredded monterey jack cheese to a small crock pot on high.
3. Once cheese is melted, add the tomato, green chiles, salsa, and meat to crock pot. Mix well, let it heat through, and serve hot.