A little deer meat, a lot of cheese, and some spice makes these ground venison quesadillas especially tasty and nice!Read more
This appetizer is so delicious, they’ll have no clue they are eating deer 🙂
– 6 mini sized bagels, halved
– 1lb. venison steak (thinly sliced)
– 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
– 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
– 1/2 cup onion, diced
– 1/2 cup mushroom, diced
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Olive oil
– 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2. Cut steak into thin slices, if it’s hard to slice thin, chill steak in freezer for 30 minutes before cutting.
3. Heat oil in a skillet over high heat (cast iron preferred), add venison steak pieces once oil is hot, sear on a high heat for 1-2 minutes, then remove steak from pan.
4. Keep the juice from searing steak in the skillet, and add pepper and onion, cook for 3-4 minutes, then add mushrooms.
5. Add steak back into skillet, then season with salt and pepper. After everything is mixed well, remove the skillet from heat, set aside.
6. Place bagel slices on a greased baking sheet, then put a scoop of meat and veggie mixture on each bagel slice, and top with shredded Provolone cheese.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400ºF until the cheese is melted and bagel is crispy on the bottom.
8. Serve immediately