Yes, we know venison backstrap is darn right delicious as a stand alone cut of meat, but every now and then it's nice to spice things up, and what better way...Read more
Why wouldn’t you add venison to the classic taco chip dip?
– 1 lb. ground venison
– 3/4 cup water
– 2 taco seasoning packets
– 16 ounces sour cream
– 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
– 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
– 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 tomato, finely chopped
– 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
– 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
1. In a large skillet, brown the venison and drain if needed.
2. Add water and one envelope taco seasoning; cook until thickened. Remove from heat.
3. In a bowl, beat sour cream, cream cheese and remaining taco seasoning packet until blended.
4. Spread in a 3-qt. dish or large platter. Add ground venison. Top with lettuce, cheddar, tomatoes, pepper and olives.
5. Serve with tortilla chips.