Take your dolled up venison backstrap recipes elsewhere, this deer camp delicacy is meant to go straight from your deer on to the grill. A little salt, a...Read more
We all love macaroni and cheese, and we all know that there’s nothing better than a homemade version! Bust out the slow cooker, add in some shredded venison and voila, you’ve hit a homemade home run!
‘- 12 oz. can of root beer
– 3/4 cups BBQ sauce
– 24 oz. fat free evaporated milk
– 22 oz. condensed cheddar soup
– 2 1/2 cups water, plus additional if needed
– 1 tsp. dry mustard
– 1/2 tsp. cayenne
– 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 lb. macaroni noodles
– Shredded BBQ venison
– Salt and pepper
1. Cook the venison roast in a crock pot with 1 can of root beer on low for 8 hours.
2. Once tender enough, shred the roast and add BBQ sauce to the meat. Place back into an empty slow cooker for 1 hour on low.
The Mac and Cheese
1. In a large pot, heat the evaporated milk, soup, water, mustard, and cayenne to a simmer. Add the shredded cheese and stir until melted. Pour in the macaroni and stir to coat. Transfer to slow cooker with the shredded venison and stir thoroughly.
2. Cover the slow cooker and cook for 1 1/2 hours on high. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.