A simplistic gourmet soup that lets the morels take front stage. The rich flavor from morel mushrooms compliments the rich cream base with just some basic...Read more
Venison meatloaf just got taken to the next level.
– 1 medium sized onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 1 1/2 pounds ground venison
– 1 large egg
– 1 cup bread crumbs
– 1 cup milk
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 teaspoon thyme
– 6 Bacon slices
– 1/2 cup ketchup
– 1 tablespoon brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1. Preheat oven or grill to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
2. Melt butter in saute pan over medium heat. Cook onions until fragrant and slightly brown while stirring occasionally, about 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. In large bowl, combine ground venison, egg, bread crumbs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and cooked onions and garlic. Use hands to mix well, but try not to over work the meat. Divide into six equal sized portions and shape into disks.
4. Wrap bacon slices around edge of disks. Diameter of meatloaf should be so that the bacon ends just meet or slightly overlap.
5. In a separate bowl, combine ketchup with mustard and brown sugar. Divide equally and spread over the tops of the mini meatloaves.
6. Bake in preheated oven or grill until bacon is just golden, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.